Activity 1: Creating
Open the Grade Book workbook.
Select the test data in the Grade Book worksheet, including the
headings and student numbers, but not the main title or totals
(cells B8 through F13).
On the Insert Tab, and the Chart Section click Column and then
Play around with the various Chart options available.
5. Double Click the chart to bring up the chart tools. You can
change the data being charted by resizing the blue selection
area in the spreadsheet data (Use the corners just like resizing
6. Use your Undo button to get back to where you were at the
beginning of this activity. Select cells A8-A14. Hold down the
Ctrl key and select cells D8-G14. On the Insert Tab, and the
Chart Section click Column and then 3D Clustered.
7. Double Click the chart to get into "Edit" mode. Then click
the first column "Series 1 Point" - This will select each point
in that series. Right Click the column to get the formatting
options. Choose "Add Data Labels"
8. Right Click on a column and choose "Select Data". Choose
Series 1 and click "Edit". In the "Series Name window, type Test
1and then click OK.
9. Play around with other charting options, Remember to Right
Click on any chart component and choose options from the
formatting menu that pops up.