Introduction to PowerPoint 2007
In this module, you will build upon the presentation that you created in the previous module. You will learn how to use preset animations, insert and configure background music, and apply custom animation.
Applying Preset Animation to Your Presentation
Download, Insert, and Configure a Background Music File
Apply Custom Animation to Objects in Your Presentation
Activity 1 - Applying preset animation to your presentation
1. Open "SIMPLE MACHINES" if necessary
2. Switch to Slide Sorter View
3. Use "Ctrl" + "A" to Select All
Go to Animations Tab and
select one of the presets. click to apply to all.
5. Click on the Slide Show button on the bottom Scroll Bar
6. Practice applying other preset animations (Use the Esc key to stop a slideshow)
7. When you are through, remove any preset animation by selecting No Transition
Return to index
Activity 2 - Download, insert, and configure a background music file
1. If necessary, download the music file "Sunmoon.mid". Right Click and choose "Save Target As..."
2. Double Click on the first slide to switch to Slide View
3. Go to Insert - Sounds and choose "sunmoon" from the window
4. Double Click on the midi file Sunmoon.mid
5. You are asked how you want the file to play . Click automatically.
6. On the Options Tab, click on the “Loop Until Stopped” button.
7. To make the slideshow continue while the music plays in the
background, follow these steps:
7. To make the slideshow continue while the music plays in the background, follow these steps:
3 - Applying custom animation to objects in your presentation
Go to Slide Two
Select the text box containing the list of simple machines
(Click inside the box, the click the dotted border. When the dotted
border becomes solid, you have selected all inside it.
(Click inside the box, the click the dotted border. When the dotted border becomes solid, you have selected all inside it.
From the Animations Tab, select the Custom Animation button
4. From the Custom Animation Pane, choose an Effect (Entrance, Emphasis, Exit, or Motion Paths) and then choose an option, i.e. Fly In.
Make your choices and click the “Preview” button to preview, the
6. When you are finished, save your work and exit PowerPoint.
Return to index
ASSIGNMENT ONE DUE!!!
Save your work! This completed document will be used as your first assignment. In order to receive a certificate for course completion, you must send this document as an email attachment to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org . Be sure to include your name and LEA and the name of the course in the body of your email.
You have now completed this module. Take a few minutes to review and practice what you have learned.