Introduction to PowerPoint XP
In this module, you will build upon the presentation that you created in the previous module. You will learn how to use preset animations, insert and configure background music, and apply custom animation.
Applying preset animation to your presentation
Activity 1 - Applying preset animation to your presentation
1. Open "SIMPLE MACHINES" if necessary
2. Switch to Slide Sorter View
3. Go to Edit - Select All
Go to Slide Show – Animation Schemes and
select one of the presets. Apply to all.
5. Click on the Slide Show button on the bottom Scroll Bar
6. Practice applying other preset animations (Use the Esc key to stop a slideshow)
7. When you are through, remove any preset animation by selecting Slide Show – Animation Schemes – No Animation
Return to index
Download, insert, and configure a background music file
Activity 2 - Download, insert, and configure a background music file
If necessary, download the music file "Sunmoon.mid".
You will be given the file path.
2. Double Click on the first slide to switch to Slide View
3. Go to Insert - Movies and Sounds - Sound From File
4. In the “Look In” box, go to the directory where your resources are stored
5. In the “Files of Type” box, click on “All files”
6. Double Click on the midi file Sunmoon.mid
7. You are asked if you want the file to play automatically. Click Yes.
8. On the slide Transition task Pane, click on the “Custom Animation” button. Then click the down arrow beside the media clip and click on Effect options
You insert a music, sound, or video clip on a slide where you want it to play during a slide show. You can choose either to have the sound or video start automatically when you move to the slide, or to have the sound or video start only when you click its icon during a slide show. To change how the clip starts or to add a hyperlink to the clip, click Action Settings on the Slide Show menu.
You can also add animation effects and change play settings by clicking Custom Animation on the Slide Show menu. For example, you can set a sound or video to play automatically in an animation sequence.
Applying custom animation to objects in your presentation
3 - Applying custom animation to objects in your presentation
Go to Slide Two
Select the text box containing the list of simple machines
From the Slideshow menu click the Custom Animation button
Select an object, either text or picture and click the Change
Make your choices and click the “Play” button to preview, the
6. When you are finished, save your work and exit PowerPoint.
ASSIGNMENT ONE DUE!!!
Save your work! This completed document will be used as your first assignment. In order to receive a certificate for course completion, you must send this document as an email attachment to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org . Be sure to include your name and LEA and the name of the course in the body of your email.
You have now completed this module. Take a few minutes to review and practice what you have learned.